Questions about this policy, or requests for further information, should be submitted via Contact Us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which forms part of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), provides the legal framework that defines how personal data can be used. We are fully committed to complying with current data protection legislation and have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
- Your personal data is only used for the purpose for which we collect it
- Only information that we actually need is collected
- Your personal data is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs
- We will not sell, rent or trade your information with any other organisation unless we are required to do so by law
- Personal data is retained only for as long as it is required for the purpose collected
- We will, where necessary, keep your information up to date
- Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal data on request (please see below for information on access rights and requests)
- Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible.
What Data Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
Through Our Website
We don’t collect any personal data directly through our website. When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard website usage information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We find out things such as the numbers of visitors to different parts of the site and the geographical location of visitors to our site. This information is collected in a way that does not identify anyone.
When You Contact Us
When you contact us with a business enquiry, whether that is by email or by telephone, we collect data about you to enable us to respond to your enquiry. This data includes your name, company, business role and business contact details.
Events such as exhibitions and networking meetings are a great way to develop new business relationships. We may collect personal data including your name, company, business role and business contact details from you in person at an event or from a listing of event attendees.
Social Media and Online Listings
We may obtain personal data including your name, company, business role and business contact details from online resources such as LinkedIn where you have volunteered that information.
Sensitive Personal or Financial Information
We do not store or process any sensitive personal or financial information.
How we use this information
We will use your personal data to understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service. In particular we may use the information for:
- Responding to your enquiries and requests
- To enable us to provide services to you and fulfil our contractual obligations
- Internal record keeping
- From time to time we may get in contact with you to provide information about our services
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- As required by law or to defend any legal claim.
There are three legal grounds for processing your personal data:
Where we are working towards or have commercial arrangements in place for us working together, we will use your personal data to keep in touch and provide you with the service you expect.
We will only send you marketing material with your consent to do so. We will ask for your consent to send you information about our products and services when we first make contact with you, whether that is face to face, over the phone or through other communication channels. You may withdraw your consent for receiving marketing material at any time using Contact Us and indicating that you wish to withdraw your consent to receive Reality Modelling marketing materials.
We may store your personal data and contact you if we believe that your job role leads you to have a genuine interest in our products and services and there may be a mutual benefit in us working together. We carefully consider any potential impact on your rights before contacting you and we only process personal data related to your work. When contacting you for direct marketing purposes we will first aim to confirm your interest and seek your consent before sending you any further information.
Where you have requested that we don’t contact you we may hold a minimal amount of data such as your email address to record the fact you have requested not to be contacted.
Sharing Personal Data
We only share your personal data when required to do so by law. We do not sell, rent or trade personal information.
Storing and processing Personal Data
Your personal data is stored and processed securely in our client database. Access to your data is limited to those with a specific need as part of their business role.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have the right to view, amend or delete any of your personal data that we hold.
If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy of your data or if you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data please Contact Us.